The department of nuclear medicine at HCG Manavata Cancer Center is an advanced facility that makes use of therapeutic radioactive substances for diagnosing and treating various cancers. The nuclear medicine department at the center is equipped with advanced facilities and offers high-end services that support accurate and precise cancer diagnoses. Further, some of the highly experienced and the best nuclear medicine specialists in Nashik are available at the center and they are trained to deliver the highest quality nuclear medicine solutions.
The key diagnostic facilities housed in the nuclear medicine department include , SPECT, PET-CT,RN Therapy Ward . These modalities support the precise diagnosis of various cancers and help in assessing alterations in the physiological behavior of organs during the treatment.
The services available at HCG Manavata Cancer Center are:
- PET – CT Scan With or Without MRI fusion: HCG Manavata Cancer Center has the facility for performing PET-CT scans with or without MRI fusion. When performed with MRI fusion, the technique combines the benefits of all three imaging techniques. It enhances the diagnostic precision and helps in appropriately evaluating whether there is a need to change the treatment strategy.
- PET- CT-based Radiotherapy Planning: The center also has facilities for PET-CT-based radiotherapy planning. The surgeon plans radiotherapy based on the images obtained through the PET-CT scan. It improves the outcome and reduces healthy tissue damage.
- PET- CT-based Treatment Response Evaluation: PET-CT results are used to determine the treatment response. It helps the doctors in evaluating if they should be continuing the treatment or altering the treatment strategy.
- PET- CT-based Biopsy Guidance: Compared to CT-guided biopsy, PET-CT-guided biopsy is a highly effective and safe alternative for tumor diagnosis.
- Whole Body PET-CT: The facility of whole-body PET-CT is available at HCG Manavata Cancer Center; this allows doctors to screen and accurately diagnose cancer.
- Cardiac PET-CT: MRI and echocardiography are two effective methods for diagnosing cardiac tumors. PET in combination with MRI or CT improves the overall diagnostic efficacy.
- Radioactive Iodine Therapy: Facilities for radioactive iodine therapy, which is involved in treating several cancers, are also available at HCG Manavata Cancer Center.
At HCG Manavata Cancer Center, we have advanced cancer diagnostic and treatment facilities available. It is one of the best nuclear medicine hospitals in Nashik, Maharashtra.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging: It is an advanced and rapid technology for diagnosing cancer. It involves using radio waves and magnets to develop clear images of the internal structures. The MRI does not use ionizing radiations.
- SPECT: It is a nuclear medicine test that allows the doctor to evaluate the functioning of the internal structure. It also helps to determine the activity of a particular organ.
- PET CT: This scanning technology offers several advantages over either scanning technique alone. This technology provides the biochemical and structural details of the internal organs, and this data helps technologists arrive at an accurate diagnosis for various health conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the side effects of nuclear medicine procedures?
Possible side effects of nuclear medicine scans include tiredness, dry mouth, skin reactions, weight loss, dehydration, pain during swallowing, reduced blood counts, nausea, and vomiting.
2. Is there pain while undergoing nuclear medicine procedures?
In most cases, individuals do not experience any serious pain during their nuclear medicine scans. Some may experience pain when radiotracers are injected. However, this pain subsides rapidly.
3. Are there any limitations on my travel after the nuclear medicine scan?
There are no limitations on travel after a nuclear medicine scan. However, some radiation in the body can be detected by the highly sensitive sensors stationed at the airport security. If you are traveling by air, inform the doctor so that they can issue you an identity card to help you travel without any hassles.