HCG Manavata Cancer Center’s surgical oncology department is equipped with advanced instruments and the best surgical oncologists in Nashik who are well-versed in the surgical management of simple to complex cancer cases. The facilities and technologies available at the center are on par with global standards. Apart from the surgical treatment of cancer, the goal of the surgical oncology department is to preserve organs, especially in children, and reduce morbidity and complications.
HCG Manavata Cancer Center provides exceptional surgical oncology treatment in Nashik, Maharashtra. Advanced treatment options for gynecological cancer, cancers of the head and neck, breast, gastrointestinal tract, liver, and pancreas, thoracic cancer, organ reconstruction, and microvascular treatment facilities are available at the center. The surgeries at the center are related to the diagnosis, prevention, staging, and treatment of cancer, along with palliative and reconstruction surgery.
Services offered by the oncology surgical department at HCG Manavata include:
- Management of Gastrointestinal Malignancies: Accurate diagnosis and surgical solutions are available for gastrointestinal cancer. The center offers treatment for cancer of the colon, esophagus, anus, gallbladder, liver, stomach, and pancreas.
- Gynecological Cancer Surgery: Advanced facilities for the surgical treatment of various gynecological cancers are delivered at HCG Manavata Cancer Center. The surgical oncologists at the center are experts in managing cancer of the breast, uterus, ovary, cervix, vagina, and vulva.
- Thoracic Cancer Surgery: The expert surgical oncology team offers exceptional and coordinated patient care through advanced thoracic cancer services. The center has all facilities required for surgical treatment of lung cancer, pulmonary (lung) nodules, mediastinal tumors, myasthenia gravis tumors, mesothelioma, and thymoma tumors.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: Although the surgical management of cancer has certain complications, advanced facilities available at the HCG Manavata Cancer Center provide best-in-class treatment to minimize complications. It is done through minimally invasive surgical techniques, such as laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery: HCG Manavata Cancer Center ensures the best surgical management of head and neck cancer to improve outcomes and survival. The experienced surgical oncologists develop a customized treatment strategy for laryngeal cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer, oropharyngeal cancer, oral and lip cancer, salivary gland cancer, and nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses cancer.
- Reconstructive and Microvascular Surgery: HCG Manavata Cancer Center also performs complex reconstructive surgery and advanced microvascular surgery techniques in all types of cancer treatment. The areas that are generally reconstructed include the mouth, jaws, throat, and areas of scalp, face, and neck.
- Pediatric Surgical Oncology: The surgical management of pediatric cancer is highly challenging and needs specialized training. As there is a significant year of life ahead for pediatric patients, the primary goal of experts at HCG Manavata Cancer Center is to preserve the organs and minimize complications without compromising on outcomes.
- Palliative Surgical Oncology: In cases where a cure for cancer is not possible, the oncology surgeons at HCG Manavata Cancer Center leave no stone unturned to improve the quality of life of the patients. Palliative surgical oncology aims to manage symptoms of cancer through surgery.
HCG Manavata Cancer Center is one of the best cancer hospitals in Nashik. It implements advanced technology at all stages of cancer surgery, such as accurate diagnosis before surgery, state-of-the-art operation theaters for smooth surgery, and specialized post-operative care facilities. Some of the key facilities available at HCG Manavata’s surgical oncology department are:
- Open surgery: Advanced technology is used in open cancer surgery to minimize tissue damage, reduce complications, and improve outcomes. This technique is preferred when laparoscopic and robotic surgery are not feasible options.
- Robotic Surgery: The center houses the advanced Versius Robotic Surgery System that will improve the clinical outcomes for cancer patients through a myriad of advantages like fewer treatment complications, reduced hospital stays, reduced pain and blood loss and faster recovery.
- Mohs surgery: Also called Mohs micrographic surgery, it is used to treat skin cancer. During this procedure, the surgeon progressively removes the cancer-affected skin and examines it for cancer until there remains cancer-free skin.
- Laparoscopic surgery: Also known as keyhole or endoscopic surgery, it involves using a laparoscope (a long thin tube with a camera) to view inside the body and perform surgery. The technique is used for cancer diagnosis, treatment, staging, and monitoring.
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC): In this method, the tumor is removed surgically, and then the remaining cancer cells are eliminated by administering heated chemotherapy drugs directly into the abdomen.
- Electrosurgery: The cancer cells are killed through an electric current in this technique.
- Trans Oral Laser Surgery (TOLS): This is an advanced technique for treating head and neck malignancies. It improves organ preservation and lowers morbidity. Therefore, it is preferred over conventional open surgery.
- Cryosurgery: During this surgery, the surgeon uses the cold probe to spray liquid nitrogen on the cancerous cells. Freezing kills the cancer cells.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the types of cancers that can be treated with surgery?
Several types of cancer can be treated with surgery. However, surgery alone is generally sufficient in early-stage disease when the tumor is localized. However, in the case of late-stage cancer, mainly when cancer has spread to other organs, the surgery may be accompanied by different treatment options, such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, immunotherapy, and targeted therapy.
2. What are the outcomes of surgery in cancer treatment?
The outcome of surgery in cancer patients depends upon the stage at which cancer is diagnosed. In early-stage diseases, surgery improves outcomes and survival. However, cancer diagnosis at an advanced stage makes treatment difficult and may require other therapies.
3. Should I undergo surgery as soon as my cancer is diagnosed?
The cancer treatment is customized for every patient depending upon type, stage, age, and other factors. Once cancer and the stage are diagnosed, the doctor will evaluate the overall condition and provide appropriate treatment. However, treatment should be initiated as soon as possible to avoid cancer progression.