The internal medicine and critical care department at HCG Manavata Cancer Center provides several healthcare facilities to patients. This department collaborates with different departments for referrals, further diagnosis, and advanced treatment. This department facilitates comprehensive, customized, and advanced treatment facilities in the hands of the best critical care doctors in Nashik to patients suffering from various diseases.
The internal medicine and critical care department at HCG Manavata Cancer Center, the best critical care hospital in Nashik, Maharashtra, offers comprehensive services in different therapeutic areas. The center houses some of the best internal medicine specialists in Nashik, who have vast experience in diagnosing and managing several acute and chronic conditions. The department has both outpatient consultation and inpatient care services. The center has a state-of-the-art diagnostic facility that allows all major examinations under a single roof. The center also provides vaccination, HIV education, diet counseling, physical therapy, and ICU services.
The services available at the department of internal medicine and critical care at HCG Manavata Cancer Center are:
- Acute Disease Management: The center has all the facilities for managing acute diseases. These include trauma, pain, fracture, fever, heart failure, respiratory distress, heart attack, and other unexpected and sudden medical conditions.
- Chronic Disease Management: Experienced doctors, paramedical staff use high-end facilities to manage patients with chronic diseases. Cardiovascular disease, obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemia, and thyroid disorders are some conditions managed at the center.
- Infectious Disease Management: Infections in any patient reduce the quality of life and may cause certain complications. Therefore, diagnosing and treating infections as soon as possible is important. HCG Manavata Cancer Center has the facility for rapidly managing malaria, chikungunya, dengue, typhoid, etc.
- Shock Management: Shock is a life-threatening condition and requires immediate medical intervention with experienced doctors and advanced life-saving equipment. HCG Manavata Cancer Center has the facility to manage septic shock, cardiogenic shock, and hypovolemic shock. Another aim of the department is to reduce the risk of multiorgan failure.
- Snakebite and Poison Intake Management: The center has the facility to support patients with snakebites and poisoning. The treatment aims to prevent organ failure and reduce mortality.
- Preventive Health Check-Ups: Several packages related to preventive health check-ups are available at the center. These are created according to the needs of patients, such as their age, gender, and their risk of a particular disease.
- Advanced Diagnostics: HCG Manavata Cancer Center has advanced diagnostic facilities to enable tests as simple as blood tests to more complex imaging techniques, such as CT or PET scans.
- ICU: Superior and sophisticated ICU facilities are available for all the facilities required to manage severely ill people. An expert team of doctors and experienced and trained medical staff manages the ICU.
- Rehabilitation Services: Rehabilitation services allow the patient for early recovery and a smooth return to normal life. The rehabilitation services available at HCG Manavata Cancer Center are cognitive therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, and mental health rehabilitation services.
The facilities available at the department of internal medicine and critical care at HCG Manavata Cancer Center are:
- Central Monitoring System with Flat Multi-Parameter Cardiac Monitors: This equipment allows the monitoring of vital signs of the patients, such as systolic and diastolic pressure, pulse rate, mean pressure, SpO2, and pulmonary function testing.
- Ventilators: Ventilators with advanced facilities are available at the center. Apart from assisting in respiration, these ventilators play an important role in supporting the advanced lung protective regimen.
- Defibrillators: Defibrillators are also available at the center for managing emergency cardiovascular events. This device manages arrhythmia and starts a heartbeat if the beat suddenly stops.
- Crash Cart: Crash cart is also used at the center. The cart comprises medications and other equipment that proves to be lifesaving in emergencies.
- Central Oxygen Supply System: The central oxygen supply system technology is implemented at the center. It allows the required amount of oxygen flow with appropriate pressure at various locations within the hospital premises.
- Certified Lab Testing: The diagnostic lab services available at the center are equipped with superior technology machines that allow rapid, accurate, and precise report generation.
- Radiology: Advanced radiography machines are installed at the center to diagnose several diseases, including gastrointestinal and bone diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I prepare for a doctor’s consultation?
You should not ignore the symptoms and should always consult a doctor if any symptom lasts for more than 2 weeks. You should note all the symptoms you are experiencing and write the questions you need to ask the doctor. Further, book a prior appointment to avoid any waiting time.
2. I am elderly and do not have any disease or symptoms. Should I undergo a routine check-up?
As age increases, the risk of developing certain diseases increases. Several diseases, especially chronic diseases, such as kidney disease, do not show symptoms during the initial stage. Therefore, it is important to undergo regular health check-ups.
3. How should I prevent disease or injuries?
A healthy lifestyle effectively prevents or reduces the risk of several diseases, such as diabetes, obesity, and hypertension. Limiting the amount of alcohol reduces the risk of liver disease while stopping smoking reduces the risk of respiratory disease and cancer. It is important to regularly consult the doctor if you are suffering from any chronic disease.
4. What are the diseases that may develop in elderly patients?
Elderly patients have an increased risk of several diseases. These diseases include cardiovascular diseases, respiratory diseases, diabetes, and neurological diseases. Further, due to reduced eyesight and muscle reflexes, there is an increased risk of injuries due to falls or accidents.