The medical oncology department at HCG Manavata Cancer Center, the best medical oncology hospital in Nashik, Maharashtra, aims to provide the best-in-class treatment facilities to patients with cancer. The center is equipped with advanced facilities to accurately diagnose, stage, and treat a broad spectrum of cancers. Further, the treatment facilities available at the center include chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and hormonal therapy. The center also offers pain management and palliative care services, along with comprehensive follow-up care after successful cancer treatment in order to monitor recurrence.
- Ambulatory / Home Chemotherapy: HCG Manavata Cancer Center delivers extended and short infusions of chemotherapy at the patient’s home without compromising safety and treatment outcomes.
- Oncology Esthetics: We have experts who have specialized in oncology esthetics, and they take care of the skin and nail-related side effects caused by cancer drugs.
- Multi-disciplinary Approach and Precision Oncology: At HCG Manavata Cancer Center, we have some of the best medical oncologists in Nashik, who are trained in using multi-disciplinary and integrative approaches while developing a treatment strategy. We have also made precision oncology services available at our center.
- Pediatric Oncology Unit: HCG Manavata Cancer Center has a dedicated pediatric medical oncology department to provide exceptional treatment for pediatric patients with cancer.
- Private Day-Care Chemotherapy Suite: The center is equipped with a private day-care chemotherapy suite to deliver the best and smooth treatment experience with minimal discomfort.
- Targeted Therapy or Biological Therapy: HCG Manavata Cancer Center is equipped with all targeted therapy options approved in India for cancer.
- Lumbar Puncture and Intrathecal Chemotherapy Administration: The oncology experts at the center are well-versed in lumbar puncture and intrathecal chemotherapy administration. It is especially used in managing several types of CNS cancer.
- In-house Pharmacy: HCG Manavata Cancer Center also has an in-house pharmacy facility, which is open round the clock. Thus, the patients or their relatives do not have to go outside the premises for medicines.
- Hyperthermic IntraPEritonial Chemotherapy (HIPEC): It is an advanced technique to deliver chemotherapy drugs directly into the abdomen for treating abdominal cancer. This treatment involves two steps. In the first step, the surgical oncologists remove the tumor. In the second step, the heated chemotherapy drugs are administered into the abdominal cavity to eliminate the remaining cancerous cells.
- Scalp Cooling Cap: Hair loss is one of the most common and stressful side effects of chemotherapy. HCG Manavata Cancer Center provides patients with a scalp cooling cap that narrows the blood vessels and reduces the blood flow to the scalp. Reduction in blood flow reduces the exposure of hair follicles to chemotherapy drugs, thereby reducing hair loss.
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy: Advanced technique is available at the center to perform bone marrow aspiration and bone marrow biopsy. During aspiration, the liquid sample of bone marrow is obtained, while biopsy involves taking solid tissue.
- Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy: The medical oncologists at the center also provide neoadjuvant chemotherapy as a part of the customized treatment strategy. It involves delivering the chemotherapy before the primary treatment to shrink the cancerous tumor.
- Specialized Outpatient Chemotherapy with Chemo Ports: Advanced technology for administering chemotherapy drugs is implemented at the HCG Manavata Cancer Center. A chemo port is implanted under the patient’s skin in order to deliver the drug. The needle sticks are not required.
- Chronic Venous Access Devices & Pumps for Effective Drug Delivery: Several venous access devices and pumps are available at the center that provides effective delivery of cancer drugs.
- Implantable port or port-a-cath: These devices are inserted by the doctor into the vein under the skin, usually below the collarbone. It is advantageous as it eliminates the need for multiple skin pricking while infusing cancer drugs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are systemic therapies alone sufficient to treat my cancer?
There are several treatment options for treating or delaying the progression of cancer. It depends on location, stage, age, and other underlying medical conditions. The doctor will decide the best treatment strategy based on these factors. Along with systemic therapies, you may also require other treatment approaches like surgery and radiation therapy.
2. Would I be able to work during my cancer treatment?
The doctor may allow or not allow you to work based on your job type. Most patients can continue their work and maintain their productivity between treatment cycles. You may also opt to work from home to make a balance between rest and work. Your doctor will develop the treatment strategy and treatment cycle to minimize work interference without compromising outcomes.
3. How should I minimize the side effects of cancer drugs?
You can follow several steps to minimize the side effects of cancer drugs. Preserve energy by asking for help from others and focusing on more important tasks. Further, take sufficient rest and opt for gentle exercises that improve your energy levels. Maintain a healthy diet and avoid spicy and fried foods. Maintain the activity of the brain by engaging yourself in puzzles or riddles.